Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, and solar power assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 7,000 MW.
- Perform all accounting functions including preparation of journal entries, general ledger account analyses, processing fixed asset transactions, and processing other sub-ledger interfaces within the company’s ERP system for the power plant entities assigned
- Prepare internal/management reports including analysis of variances, and communicate results to various parties including the Controller, CFO, Operations managers, and Asset managers
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations as required by company accounting policies
- Assist with preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP, including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, and statement of retained earnings, and related notes to the financial statements, for external reporting purposes
- Prepare documentation in support of annual audits and interface with external auditors
- Understand and comply with the company’s system of internal controls, accounting policies, and procedures
- Assist in compliance with credit facility requirements
- Prepare sales and use tax returns for the assigned entities
- Occasional travel required.
- Account analysis to support an external audit
- Journal entries with the proper support
- Financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP and internal reports with sufficient detail to explain variances
- Reporting requirements of any credit agreement or third party agreement in accordance with GAAP or agreed upon procedures
- Completed sales and use tax returns
- Deliver reports to support internal staff and upper management to assist in business decisions
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university 4-6 years accounting experience; preparation of GAAP financial statements preferred
- Certified Public Accountant and/or big four experience preferred
- Public accounting with audit concentration or power industry experience preferred
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems is preferred (PeopleSoft and Hyperion)
- Financial statement closing and reporting experience required
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills, Independent self-starter with strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills who can effectively manage multiple assignments.
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email