Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, and solar power assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 5,800 MW.
The person holding this position provides leadership to the plant operations and maintenance personnel for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of generating equipment under the general direction of the General Manager. Ensure safe and reliable operation while operating the facility in compliance with all environmental and regulatory standards. Candidate will also be responsible for the direction and development of the plant staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all operations and maintenance of the facility with maximum efficiency.
- Source various production related items that are value added/innovative to the jobs.
- Manage the Production Team to ensure all staff is skilled and performing at the required level ensuring an effective and motivated team.
- Maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure deadlines and financial targets are met.
- Ensure planning and coordination of plant maintenance as required to maximize plant availability.
- Ensure that production is cost effective.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Optimize resource utilization by implementation of an effective production organization.
- Work with other managers to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Coordinate plant production per contracts and owner’s representatives.
- Contribute to the development and periodic updates of operations and maintenance procedures.
- Provide operations training and qualification programs.
- Make expeditious and appropriate decisions to non-routine plant operating situations.
- Prepare accurate plant documentation, to ensure that proper historical records and reporting of plant operation and maintenance is completed.
- Participate in planned shift coverage at the discretion of the General Manager.
- Formulate and execute projects assigned by the General Manager.
- Ensure that safety guidelines are followed, developed and reviewed as needed.
- Assist with the development of outage schedules, including detailed task descriptions, required resources and manpower, estimates, and task assignments.
- Ensure tracking of progress, critical path activities and cost variance of planned outages during and after completion with appropriate reporting.
- Coordinate, set-up, and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
- Work within the organization to ensure Safety, Environmental and NERC/FRCC requirements are met (training, notifications, record keeping, reporting, monitoring, etc.) and promote the Company’s policies through actions and conduct.
- Assist in the development of plant budgets with input relative to functional needs and plant improvements that are needed or available.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, or the equivalent in training or experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Combined Cycle power plant operations and maintenance required.
- Extensive knowledge of gas and steam technologies preferred.
- Experience with operations and maintenance of gas turbine, steam turbine, generators, electronic controls and monitoring devices.
- Proven managerial/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of human resources desired.
- Proficiency with personal computers, including Excel.
- Demonstrated experience indicating effective communication skills, analytic ability, detail orientation, and ability to make decisions and meet deadlines.
- Driving on company business is a requirement of this position and as such, the incumbent shall have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions.
- Detail knowledge of all aspects of power plant safety.
- Performs repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties. Requiring lifts, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, when required.
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email