Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, and solar power assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 5,800 MW
The O&M Technician operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, and instrumentation and controls. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, 7FA gas turbines with MRK V controls, generators, air compressors, water treatment equipment, motors, pumps, and other auxiliary equipment associated with a simple cycle power plant, including a 500KV Switchyard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform startup, shutdown and routine operation of GE7FA Gas Turbines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of power plant operations.
- Diagnose and repair the causes of instrument malfunctions and electric system malfunctions of equipment such as transmitters, transformers, relays, switches and generator monitoring and controls systems, medium and high voltage distribution systems and monitoring devices.
- Use test equipment to calibrate and repair plant instrumentation and electrical circuits.
- Troubleshoot and inspect programmable logic controllers, distributive control systems, including control card replacement, and wiring terminations.
- Identify and resolve CEMS problems. Perform system calibrations and gas bottle change outs.
- Perform routine generator electrical system tests and inspections to the extent qualified and/or supervise outside contractor as required.
- Write, submit and complete corrective work orders.
- Keep O&M Manager fully informed of unusual plant conditions and current job progress as the job relates to facility maintenance and projects.
- Perform capital project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by the O&M Manager or General Manager.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical one-lines, logic drawings, technical manuals and P&ID’s.
- Writing operating procedures, work requests, purchase requisitions and daily reports on plant operating conditions.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or prior related military experience/training such as:
US Navy Nuclear Power Plant Operator, Electronics Technician (ET) or Electricians Mate (EM), Gas turbine Operator, Electrical Technician GSE, Mechanical Technician GSM;
Five years of directly related experience and/or training/ or a combination of experience and/or education preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of GE 7FA Gas Turbine Operation.
- Experience with GE Mark V Control System and Cimplicity HMI, or other distributive control systems.
- Experience with installation, calibration troubleshooting and repair of all types of instrumentation.
- Knowledge of High Voltage switchyard instrumentation and protective relay schemes.
- Ability to make competent decisions in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, as well as overtime hours as needed.
- Ability to walk, reach, climb and stoop
- Lifting, up to 75 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Overtime may be required
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to email@example.com. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email