Effingham County Power is actively recruiting multi-skilled Combustion Turbine Technicians who will be responsible for operating the facility, while utilizing advance maintenance skills. Selected candidate(s) will be placed in either a single skill position (pending training completion for multi-skill) or directly into a multi-skilled position based upon prior experience record. Individuals who have demonstrated experience in the multi-skills that are needed at power plants are preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct all work activities in a professional, environmentally conscious, and safe manner.
- Assure operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards. Maintain and execute tactical processes in a team oriented, multi-discipline environment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair of all plant equipment to include instrumentation, control systems, mechanical, and electrical equipment.
- This position involves shift work, overtime, callouts, outage work, weekend, and holiday work.
- Perform predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Operations– Experience in the operation of a combined cycle power plant to include starting up and shutting down plant equipment from the control room; monitoring and operating plant equipment and responding to plant upset events and emergencies; taking and recording all necessary equipment and instrumentation readings and data; and manually and remotely operating valves and equipment.
- Electrical Maintenance- troubleshooting and correcting electrical maintenance problems, including switch gear, motors, breakers and plant wiring. Maybe required to complete the plant’s Electrical training program.
- Instrumentation & Control– troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, tuning, and replacing I&C equipment and components. Maybe required to complete the plant’s Instrumentation & Control training program.
- Mechanical Maintenance– experience in welding and cutting practices, troubleshooting and correcting mechanical problems which include combustion turbines, steam turbines, pumps, compressors, valves and various rotating equipment. Maybe required to complete the plant’s Mechanical training program.
- 3 – 5 years’ related experience required working in a power plant environment.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to handle constantly changing and emerging work priorities schedules and prioritizes work.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with various personality types desired.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools.
- Demonstrates decision making abilities, long term developmental capabilities and networking skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions
- Possess high safety and environmental awareness
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt to change
- Normal power plant environment and/or outdoor work environment.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
- Outdoor conditions may run from very cold to hot and humid. Will work in confined spaces, dust, grease & oil and be exposed to loud noise.
- Requires occasional travel outside service area.
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)
- Requires operation of a personal computer.
- May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email.