Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, solar power, and wind assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 8,800 MW.
Under the general direction of the Operations and Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing functional direction to plant personnel regarding maintenance activities to support plant operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates in training. Follows all Company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and positively effects morale.
- Plans and coordinates plant maintenance as required to maximize plant availability and minimize cost to the plant owners.
- Conducts routine tours of the plant to inspect equipment; provide direction, supervision and feedback to employees; and ensures that all safety rules and plant procedures are followed.
- Prepares accurate plant documentation, to assure that proper historical records and reporting of plant maintenance is completed.
- Obtain contractors quotes, evaluates and provides a recommendation to the Operations and Maintenance Manager for assigned projects.
- Coordinates plant maintenance with Shift Supervisors, utilizing plant technicians and contract support.
- Effectively communicates relevant information with internal and external contacts
- Assist with maintenance training and qualification programs.
- Assist in interviewing and selection of the maintenance staff.
- Must make appropriate decision to non-routine plant maintenance situations.
- Assists the plant management in the development and control of the operations and maintenance budget.
- Maintains the plant CMMS system, issues preventative, predictive and corrective work orders, track progress and closes them out when completed.
- Ensure electrical testing and maintenance is performed IAW appropriate NERC standards to maintain compliance.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, implementing and reporting the completion of tasks associated with planned and forced outages. Assists in the coordination of plant work groups and outside contractors.
- Perform other administrative duties such as conducting performance appraisals, completing disciplinary forms, incident reports, approval of timesheets, and documentation of attendance and tardiness.
- Foster and promote a culture of teamwork among all plant staff.
- Respond and report to work during off hours when emergency assistance or repairs are required.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and correcting electrical maintenance problems, including switchgear, motors, breakers and plant wiring. Should be familiar with the usage of electronic test equipment and other precision test instruments to be used in identifying problems.
- Experience in welding and cutting practices.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and correcting mechanical problems which include combustion turbines, pumps, compressors, valves and various rotating equipment. Must be proficient in alignment, basic machining, rigging and equipment component inspection and repair.
- Experienced in the operation of a combustion turbine power plant.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a power generating facility or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of power plant equipment and fundamental principles related to physics, mathematics, AC and DC electrical theory, heat transfer and fluid flow, thermodynamics, chemistry and metallurgy.
- Ability to analyze technical information and make sound judgement decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to understand and read mechanical and electrical drawings and to read, write and comprehend technical information.
- A thorough understanding of power generating technology and maintenance requirements.
- Demonstrates full knowledge and proficiency in the maintenance of a combined-cycle generating station, including balance-of-plant equipment.
- Working knowledge of power plant equipment, power tools and rigging techniques.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and overtime when required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer usage including Word, Excel, Outlook and other applicable application.
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions.
- Detail knowledge of all aspects of power plant safety.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of plant personnel.
- The ability to continuously learn and adapt to change.
- Working Conditions:
- Normal power plant and/or outdoor work environment.
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
- Outdoor conditions may run from very cold to hot and humid. Will work in confined spaces, dust, grease & oil and be exposed to loud noise.
- Requires occasional travel away from the plant.
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)
- May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Must be able to reach, bend, extend and lift 50-60 lbs.
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email