Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, and solar power assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 7,000 MW.
The IT Security Engineer ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company’s computer systems, network/security devices and data. The role requires knowledge of a wide range of systems, hardware and applications and possess a deep understanding of IT security, both from a technical and governance perspective.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure network communications and hosts within business framework adhere to security policies and standards
- Configure, upgrade and monitor security products such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanning, SIEM, web filtering, etc.
- Configure, update and monitor Cisco routers and switches
- Implement and manage network devices, firewalls, IPS, host intrusion prevention, etc.
- Perform analysis of network and host security needs and contribute to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software components
- Assess risk potential and vulnerabilities in real-time and address issue proactively
- Synthesizes information generated from logs, SIEM, authentication systems, content filtering and other sources to effectively respond to emerging threats
- Collaborate with network and server operations team to help maintain/upgrade network and hosts to maintain a secure environment
- Identify and implement new security related updates and patches for Microsoft Server and client operating systems
- Assist in support of security technologies such as user access, web filtering, email security, antivirus, data loss protection, forensics, vulnerability assessments, collaboration technologies, cloud solutions and mobile platforms
- Communicates and interacts effectively with all levels of the enterprise and partners with the business on providing technical security solutions across organizational lines.
- Work collaboratively with other compliance and Information Security team members.
- Ability to develop, create, maintain, and update policies, standards and procedures.
- Defends the information enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards, and good practices.
- Design and implement information security controls in different applications and business processes as required by the business or various regulations or standards.
- Evaluate and develop solutions to address the protection of information assets.
- Identifies and remediates issues that impact the security of the information enterprise.
- Architect, develop, deploy and support information security systems and solutions such as key management, dual factor authentication, password vaulting, SIEM, anti-malware, and central AV.
- Understands advanced security protocols and standards.
- Participates in information security reviews and audits.
- Monitors security systems and responds to events and alerts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA, CCNP and/or CISSP certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Cisco networking devices, Microsoft Operating systems and servers, next-generation firewalls (Palo Alto preferred), patch management systems (SCCM preferred),
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing/implementing/enforcement of technical policies, standards and procedures.
- Experience with change management process and documentation as related to quality assurance.
- Perform internal IT security audits, report on findings, and develop solutions to address issues.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with many internal customers, as well as work independently.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to handle demanding workload and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access).
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email