Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, and solar power assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 5,800 MW
This is a technician level position responsible for assisting in the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment in various power plant facilities under the general direction of the Electrical Specialist.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tests, calibrates, maintains, and installs power plant motors, transformers, generators, lights, circuits, breakers, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations. This includes, but not necessarily limited to protective relaying, voltage regulators, invertors, battery charger controls and high voltage systems.
- Operates a variety of electrical testing equipment in locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
- Maintains complete logs and/or records of problems, repairs and protective system preventive maintenance reports.
- Implements safe working practices, immediately identifies hazards and recommends and/or implements repairs.
- May work with outside contractors from time to time when sub-contractors are engaged in designated plant electrical-related work.
- Completion of a four-year state approved/recognized technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two (2) years electrical experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric system
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Skilled in both verbal and written communication.
- Valid Driver’s License and be insurable
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email