Cogentrix is a leading independent power producer with a long track record of successfully acquiring, developing, constructing, operating, improving and divesting power generation assets. Cogentrix is owned by funds managed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest alternative asset management firms, and serves as Carlyle’s in-house power asset management platform. Cogentrix has been directly involved in the development, ownership, operations and management of coal-fired, natural gas-fired, and solar power assets delivering a combined generating capacity in excess of 10 GW. Through the ownership and operation of these plants, Cogentrix has participated in most of the major power regions in the U.S. Cogentrix currently manages plants in the Carlyle portfolio, which has a total net generation of approximately 5,800 MW.
Responsible for supervising and performing equipment operating and record keeping duties to ensure efficient and safe plant operations within established procedures for Lakewood and OPP. CRO will direct plant operators and other assigned personnel on shift.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the operation of major plant equipment and systems and take appropriate action to ensure they are operated safely, in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Ensure operation is done in a manner consistent with maximizing availability and in a manner consistent with optimizing fuel efficiency.
- Operate and monitor plant equipment via Human Machine Interfaces
- Ensure the performance and record keeping of required daily plan operations activities, including equipment readings, inspections and testing
- Perform routine equipment and safety checks and inspections, and maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area
- Take measurements and readings and compare with standard; implement corrective actions within established procedures
- Complete assigned PQRs in timely manner
- Assume an active role in the training and direction of plant operators as necessary to support the overall plant operation
- Responsible for full compliance with Employee Handbook and LOTO program
- Assist in maintaining the boiler water chemistry as appropriate
- Maintain a log of significant operating activities and events
- Answer the telephone during back shifts in a professional manner and serve as a focal point for communications during emergency situations
- Inspect and monitor environmental equipment and make appropriate notifications
- Perform those typical duties of the Control Room Operator as required
- Identify and correct problems; report problems requiring further action to LPO
- Maintain plant operating records and logs
- Maintain PJM certification as assigned/needed
- Utilize Maximo CMMS to enter work orders
- Performs other comparable and related duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Blue Seal or above NJ Boiler Operator License, or equivalent, required
- High school diploma plus minimum of 3 years relevant experience in power plant operations/maintenance
- 2 year degree in applicable discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees, representatives of other utilities, outside consultants, and the public
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong safety and environmental commitment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Position requires extensive walking and climbing, working indoors in a hot environment and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for travel to other companies/vendors.
Qualified candidates should send Resume by email to email@example.com. Please note the Position in the Subject line of your email.